Exclusive Degustation tour was created for travellers that seek for memorable food experiences and want to degustate the best of true local food. It has been specially designed for rough Lofoten winters and long dark evenings during the Polar Night periode. It’s done in a very small cozy group (max. 8 people) with an experienced local guide.
This tour includes 3 tasting experiences at 3 different farms around Lofoten. Farming has been historically crucial for life on Lofoten, even though it's a rough arctic area.
We’ll visit meat restaurant of Aimee’s Farm, Aalan Farm - with goat cheeses, Hov farm with Icelandic horses (to adore!) and traditional Norwegian Christmas food.
During the whole evening the tour will be guided by one of our best local guides. He’ll be telling you stories about present and past of Lofoten to make your journey more exciting and meaningful.
- Aalan Gård - Cheese farm. We’ll taste several types of locally produced goat cheeses. The degustation will be done for us exclusively by Tove and Knut, farmers have been running this farm for almost 40 years. By the way, one of the cheese you’ll try - is famous Norwegian brown cheese. We bet that it’s gonna be the most intense brown cheese you’ve ever try in Norway!
Together with cheeses we’ll try locally produced herbal tea from the farm.
Bonus: we will be able to walk around and see goats and cheese production area.
- Aimee’s Gård - local meat farm that raises ans produces famous Lofotlam, free-grazing pigs (Norwegian Countryside and Hungarian Mangalitsa) and cows (Scottish Highland cattle). They participate in famous Norwegian food festivals ans have a small hidden restaurant in Leknes. Aimee, the owner of the farm, has prepared a degustation set for our tour. It consists of three tasting-dishes with different types of farm meat.
- Hov Gård - this is a totally special farm. It is located on the edge of Gimsøy, most isolated and mysterious of main Lofoten islands, and they raise Icelandic horses! Don’t worry, we won’t eat them: instead we can see ans pet those beautiful arctic creatures. Hov Gård is famous for their homemade cuisine. And now in desember they’ve offered a spesial Christmas degustation set, that consists of 3 traditional Norwegian small dishes.
- Ballstad 14.15 - in front of the “Joker” supermarket (https://goo.gl/maps/MF1nrimy7wDeBRaG6)
- Leknes 14.30 (main) - in front of the mall “Lofotsenter” on the Storgata (https://goo.gl/maps/shifQdQqx7VPenNs5 )
- If you’d like to be picked up elsewhere for this tour - please contact us and we’ll try to find a solution for you.
- We recommend you being at the pick-up point 5-10 minutes before departure.